Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Andi D. Interview


1. Age: 26, and about as worldly as a 14-year old Amish girl.

2. Where are you from?

Originally Dumbarton, then Motherwell, then Hull, then Motherwell again and now I live in the big city. Glasgow’s the big city, right?

3. Current occupation?

Digital Marketing and PR man for a few arts organisations, which obviously means I’m also an actor, a singer, a dancer, a writer and the sort of guy who goes to bed hoping that tomorrow he’ll wake up as a superhero.

4. Favorite current pop song? I’ve just come out the other end of a hard addiction to Blurred Lines.

5. Which do you prefer: boxers, briefs, or boxer briefs? Why?

Definitely boxer briefs. Boxers don’t really give you a lot of support, but also briefs just don’t look good on my body type. Boxer briefs are the best of both worlds, and they’re more flattering if people are going to see you with your clothes off.

6. Has your current preference always been your underwear preference? If not, what’d you switch from, and what made you change?

When I was a young teenager, I was a boxers sort of guy, but honestly it would’ve been around the time I got any sort of interest in feeling attractive to other people. Plus I realised that those involuntary reactions teenage boys have at a moment’s notice are a lot easier to keep under control if your underwear isn’t loose and paper thin.

7. Do you favor any underwear brands? If so, which and why?

When I have money, I like a pair of Aussiebums or Andrew Christian, but I think the best underwear I have is probably more High Street. I have a pair of red Hollister boxer briefs (a Christmas present) that I really love, and a few pairs of white David Beckham ones from H&M.

8. What would someone find if they went through your underwear drawer?

A lot of boxer briefs in varying levels of quality, some very short swimwear, a couple of jock straps for dance purposes, and the same pair of underwear in five different colours. It’s also where I keep my passport.

9. You get a natural wedgie in public – how do you handle it?

Hand in the pocket. It might not be subtle, but there isn’t really a subtle way to deal with that, is there? Far better than shoving your hand down your trousers in public.

10. Do you have a lucky or favorite pair of underwear? If so, what color/style?

When I was 20 I had this pair of short, grey pinstripe boxer briefs (really more ‘trunks’ than anything) that I wore to my graduation, so for a while they were my lucky ones, until I realised how awful they were. I should’ve known it from the pirate ship embroidered on the back. Nowadays it’s probably the red Hollister ones.

11. Do you have any funny or memorable underwear stories? 

A few years ago I was running late for a train in Motherwell. I hopped out the shower, threw some clothes on and made a dash for the station. I was almost there when I felt myself nearly trip on something. I looked back, and between me and this elderly couple was yesterday’s underwear, somehow left inside the jeans I was wearing for the second day in a row. I was mortified, and I couldn’t go running back to pick up my underwear in front of these old people, so I just turned around and kept walking. I left them there. In the street. My underwear’s in a Motherwell gutter somewhere.

12. GQ wrote an article a few months ago stating that “tighty-whities” are stylish now. How do you feel about tighty-whities, & do you agree with GQ?

If you look good in a pair of tighty-whities, then more power to you. I look ridiculous.

13. Words to live by?

“However many terrible, rankling, peeve-inducing things may occur, there are always libraries. And rain-falling-on-sea. And the Moon. And love. There is always something to look back on, with satisfaction, or forward to, with joy. There is always a moment where you boggle at the world – at yourself – at the whole, unlikely, precarious business of being alive – and then start laughing.” – Caitlin Moran




No comments:

Post a Comment